- Preheat oven at 160°C.
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Taste & add extra 1 tbsp brown sugar if you prefer it sweeter.
- Spread mixture evenly onto two baking trays lined with parchment paper. Do not spread it too thin, make sure everything is tightly packed with no gaps.
- Place onto 2nd and 3rd rack from the bottom of oven.
- Bake for about 50 min to 1 hr or until golden-brown. Watch carefully from the 40 min mark to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- After top tray is done, remove, transfer bottom tray to top and bake an additional 10 min or till golden-brown.
- Remove from oven. Allow granola to cool completely in tray, placed on a cooling rack, before breaking it up into chunks with your fingers. Store in an airtight container.
*Note: To make your own gula melaka syrup, dissolve 500g of roughly chopped dark palm sugar in 600ml water. Simmer over low heat till mixture reduces to the consistency of runny honey. Strain syrup through a sieve. Store leftovers in the fridge.